Thursday 26 June 2008

Prayer



Im half way through reading Yanceys book on prayer and Im really enjoying reading how with prayer God changes our lives and the world, he describes a two way process of speaking and listening to God. I'm not writing a book review just some thoughts

I have been praying recently about the horrendous situation in Zimbabwe and for Gods hand to restore peace ,Mugabe believes it is only God that will remove him from power.

In the book Barth is quoted as writing "to clasp our hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world " Sitting in my home a thousand miles away from Zimbabwe watching the news, I know the most powerful thing I could ever do is speak to God.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I started praying that God would remove Mugabe last saturday before he said "only God could remove Him." I am praying that God would do that and bring peace to the glory of his name.
I might write an article one day: What is so amazing about Yancey.
Miss you.
love in Jesus
Stephen

andrea said...

Hi Stephen we need to catch up, but congratulations on being my first blog reply. I thought noone was out there!
Yanceys been on the shelf all semester so nearly done, next is Jesus Christ in modern thought by J Macquarrie. Im not looking forwar to it, seems a lot of thought in small print and long paragraphs !!

Stephen said...

It does sound more meaty than Yancey. re your comment on my blog both blond and blonde are correct spellings.
love ya

Stephen said...

It does sound more meaty than Yancey. re your comment on my blog both blond and blonde are correct spellings.
love ya

Polly and I

Polly and I