Tuesday 20 January 2009

out of the mouth of children!

Today my Hubby took a day of work as we planned to have a day for the two of us, maybe see a movie ,lunch and chat. Well as were enjoying our slow moring,the school called to say our son was ill and could we pick him up. So the plans changed we rushed to the school hair still wet to find a pink face child poor thing.

Said child was not so ill and thought he would manage lunch at Brodie. As we chatted and told jokes the conversation turned to what happens when I finish college(which seems so far away but then so did becoming 40 for so long) My son asked would we be leaving our home? I told him we just dont know ,maybe, it depends what Gods plans are for us all. My son thought for a moment and said Ill be 16 and wouldnt need to move with you if I didnt want to. Hubby said we would want you to be with us and my son reply was "but Ill be legally emancipated"
I thought I was going to fall off the chair, where on earth did he pick this up. We reassure our son he was not a captive and doing the dishes twice a week or making dads coffee did not mean he was experiencing any kind of child labour!
I hope God blessed you today with love and laughter.

No comments:

Polly and I

Polly and I