Sunday 22 March 2009

Mothers day

I was wakened this morning 7am with a poched egg and toast. Mmmm I said as the kids delighted in their surprise. I ate still asleep, every mouthful being watched by 2 boys, as goth teen was still gaining her beauty sleep next door.

Today I had a children address to do and it took me some time to think of how I could tackle mothers day to children I knew so little about. Many in the church today would have had wonderful mums ,some may have lost their mums or did not have relationship for various good reason.
However as I read on how mothers day came about which was
17c break of fasting on the 4th sunday of lent to return to your own church and feast with mums as the special guest

then in 1908 Anna Jarvis requested that her minister have a mothers day service to celebrate the faith and teaching her mum had show as a sunday school teacher for 20years

So in church today I told the children about Paul letter to Timothy in him remembering the stong women of faith Timothy's grandmother and mother Lois and Eunice.

I think mothers day should be a celebrations not only for mums but in our christian family include aunties, teachers ,cousins and all the women who bring not just physical care and love but the spiritual care in sharing their faith and love for our Lord, to His children young and old.

I have a dear aunt, my auntie Peggy who for all the time I was away from the Lord would tell me "Im still praying for you hen". What a blessing to have this women of faith in my life that coninues to pray for my family and I.

I hope you too can celebrate today, having learned from the example of a womens faith in Christ.

No comments:

Polly and I

Polly and I