Monday 25 April 2011

Great Grandfather


Having had the most wonderful Easter day I am now feeling a little weary but more anxious as I try to complete my dissertation for this coming thursday.
I sit on the floor to do my work as I find it more comfortable that a desk and chair but tonight my back started to hurt as I lent over the laptop. I remembered the small yellow stool my mum had given me, made by her grand father for her as a child. It is the perfect desk for a floor dweller like me and it could have been made for my laptop, no more leaning over.
I never met my great granfather but it made me smile to think he is now giving me the means of support I need to get on with my work. Ive been told he was a man of great faith it has reminded me of Hebrews 12 which is just the encouragment I needed tonight.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments:

Polly and I

Polly and I