Friday 8 April 2011

Mhairi and Larry the Sheep



For 10 days now we have had 2 sheep (Larry and Mhairi) in our garden and I couldnt get in touch with the farmer, then yesterday a few of their family turned up too. Ive enjoyed having them in the garden hearing them bleeting and eating the grass which is sprouting up. I was a little concerend they would lamb what would I do? even the info google gave me didnt really reassure me.
Anyway, today the farmer and his dog arrived and after a bit of a chase around the garden, then through the woods and paddock soon the 7 sheep were on their way back home. I was impressed which the farmers ability to calmly get them back, carrying one in his arms that was not sure which way to run and still all the while whistling to his collie. I really enjoyed watching every minute and I told the farmer they were welcome to the grass here anytime.

It all reminded me of the parable of the lost sheep. what really struck me was how this farmer had searched, woods ,fields and paddocks to find these sheep to carry then to saftey, good grass and his watching care again. I had thought the farmer had not bothered looking. So if this is what the farmer does to look for his sheep how much more will our Heavenly father hold out, watch and go out for us. so it helped me today to remember Im never forgotten perhaps I go off to other distracting places, not in my fathers presence.

Oh it turned out it was 2 girls we had with lambs on the way!!

2 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

so glad you were spared the lambing armed only with google :)
lovely parallel of shepherds!

andrea said...

Im sure it would have been exciting but not so for the poor sheep! liking your blog it feel very peaceful :)

Polly and I

Polly and I