Thursday 7 April 2011

Words


Words take on a different meaning than perhaps they were first intended.I read this in exploring christians spirituality class yesterday.


I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here I go again on my own
goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams



I explained that times are longing for God , for his strenght as I know the road alone without Christ. Waiting on Loves sweet charity?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16...what love

So I was asked who wrote the words Id read and I said Whitesnake a rock band ..are they a christian band? erm no I really dont think so. Its all about stepping along in faith really.

No comments:

Polly and I

Polly and I